Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Travel Approval

     Well...we got it! The coveted TA...Travel Approval! In fact, we received our Travel Approval AND our confirmed CA (Consulate Appointment) within an hour of when I posted my last blog entry! Excited is an understatement. Josiah will be IN OUR ARMS on July 3. This was the earliest date we could have had...and God allowed us to have it. Thank you, Jesus! As of Saturday, we've got booked flights. As of yesterday, we've got cemented travel itineraries. And as of today, we've got somewhat packed bags. It's happening!
     Each day, I fluctuate between SUPER productive and SUPER distracted. I try not to settle on any one thought for too long.
     Exhibit A: In about a week, we'll be boarding a plane for 15+ hours. The one thing I'm terrified of (besides being submerged in a body of water inside a car)...is flying. I vividly remember crying on the way to the airport when we flew into Denver for my BIL's wedding. Surprise, surprise, I know. But, I also learned that I now have a more physical reaction...vomiting. The last time I flew to Las Vegas, I couldn't function the first day due to excessive puking. Next thought!
     Exhibit B: In about a week, we'll be leaving behind our three kiddos...with schedules and bedtime stories and special moments, oh my! And we won't take them to these things, read them these stories, or witness these moments...for two weeks. So, of course, I cry each time I think about this fact. Next!
     Exhibit C: In just over a week, I will hold our precious Josiah IN MY ARMS! To think that we began our journey {remember, in a South Korea program!} almost 3 years ago...and now we finally get to love on the child God has given us...well that brings me to tears too. So I have to move on.
     See what I mean? Super distracted days are super exhausting- emotionally speaking. Here's what I need to focus on: praying. Eric sent me an email earlier this week with the verse Philippians 4:6 where it tell us not to worry about anything...but instead, PRAY continually. This is definitely something I need to make sure I'm focused upon these next several days. Here are some things I'm praying for, specifically:
     -Our health...we're told jet lag is horrible and it's not uncommon to become ill while in-country due to a variety of factors. I'm not praying against jet-lag. That's unavoidable. But I am praying for strength and energy when Josiah needs us most. He will likely not appreciate being in our arms on July 3. That's the reality. There will likely be tears and screaming. Honestly, we've got pretty low expectations for our Gotcha Day. But I pray that Eric and I can feel well enough to meet Josiah wherever he's at and not be so ill that we can't give our boy what he needs when he needs it.
     -Josiah's health...that we wouldn't disrupt his little world in such a way that he becomes sick and refuses to eat, etc. Disruption is inevitable. But I pray that he feels safe and comfortable enough with us after those first several days...so that he can continue to grow and flourish in a healthy way with us!
    -Our visit to the orphanage...we'll visit Josiah's orphanage on a Thursday. I am already anxious about this...it is such an important trip for us to take. It truly is necessary. We need to be able to understand where our son has spent the last 15+ months of his life...so we can answer any questions he might have later on. A conversation only we can have with him. But I know this trip will be hard...to see other babies and other kids who are likely waiting...I don't want to be a blubbery mess the entire time I'm there. That will surely scare some people! I'm praying for strength and emotional stability.
     -Our flight...that things would run as close to on time as possible and that Josiah would sleep some on the plane. Many kids become ill...repeatedly...on the long flight. Many kids cry uncontrollably. The trip home is emotionally and physically exhausting- for everyone. That is unavoidable. BUT, if our flight could be on time...then we can at least try to muster up the strength to survive the expected length of the trip...and not need extra energy for any unexpected delays.
     We are overjoyed to finally be at this stage in our story...and I hope to update our blog while we're in-country! Now to try and sleep...it's 1:43AM here...BUT it's 1:43PM in China...I wonder what our sweet boy is doing now?! The kids and I always like to imagine throughout the week...what Josiah is doing at any given moment. We can't wait to share these daily moments with him in such a short time! Goodnight, Josiah. Mommy loves you!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment